Saturday, December 27, 2014

Progress Report

So I've been doing a few things here and there. Mostly taking things off and cleaning. When I took off the exhaust the exhaust outlet inside the motor had quite a bit of black carbon build-up inside. Hope I shouldn't be too worried about that.

I also ordered a whole bunch of parts, mostly boring stuff like gaskets, rear shock mount rubbers, master cylinder cup, throttle cables, but the more exciting parts were new tires and new headlight housing.

I removed the collector and cleaned up the drive sprocket:




























I definitely won't be re-using it:


Cleaned up the rear wheel a bit:

Before:






























After:


Tried to get final drive sprocket out but I'm not sure how to remove the seal in front. Will have to look that up in the shop manual.


Cleaned up and wire brushed the Swing arm:
Before:



After:





























Will definitely need painting. Plan on re-painting the whole frame actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment