Monday, December 29, 2014

More progress

So I actually had a few hours to work on the bike yesterday. I got the carbs off and opened up the right crank case cover to have a look in there (mostly because I want to polish up the right crank case cover). It looked very clean in there. I got a bit of dirt in some of the gears when I took the cover off because there was dirt hiding behind part of the case, but I brushed it out with a tooth brush. The intake valve chamber has quite a carbon build up. Wondering if I should try to use my rotary tool to get rid of it or just take the heads off completely to clean and re-build the top end...


Carbon build up in the intake valve chamber (if that is what it is called...).




Bike is looking pretty bare now.
 Sorry no pics of the inside of the right crank case.


No comments:

Post a Comment