Thursday, April 23, 2015

Rear Wheel Bearing Replacement

Tonight I worked on the rear wheel. Last night I watched a guy on YouTube take out a bearing with a concrete sleeve Anchor (5/8" x 4 1/14" Dynabolt Red Head from Canadian tire pictured).


So I tried it out myself and it worked! I used a pipe wrench to hold the sleeve from spinning and tightened the hex nut so that it pushed the sleeve against the wedge on the inner side of he bearing. I then hammered on a socket extension against the inside part of the anchor from the other side. Out popped the bearing!


To take out bearing on the gear side of the wheel I hammered on what I thought was the inner spacer. I didn't realize the gear side bearing was integral to the spacer. The All Balls bearing kit I bought has no spacer.

What do I do?

Do I need a new spacer or just install with no spacer? Seems like it should work as the outer races will both be seated against something inside.


No comments:

Post a Comment