Friday, November 7, 2014

Progress Report

So the bike is still in the trailer I brought it home in....

However, I've been doing a lot of research and learning. I watched an hour long video by Mr.Polecat on Youtube the other day on how to do Valve clearance adjustments. He rambled on a lot but it was all good learning. I've also been working on making myself a work space for the bike by enclosing the patio under my deck.

Last night I started working on the gas tank. I got as far as cleaning the exterior and peeling the original pin striping off. Here are some pics:





So I stopped by the autobody shop down the road from my work with it this morning and asked about getting it painted. The guy recommended getting the interior dipped or coated before hand and estimated he could paint it of about $150. Guess it's time to look around for an outfit that will coat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment