Thursday, November 20, 2014

Next Steps

Ok so last week was a new milestone. I got the bike out of the trailer! And wow, do I have a lot of work ahead of me.

So far, I've determined that:
I'm missing:
a chain tensioner / adjuster:


bolts for the stator cover (or left crank case cover).  Also, the gasket on the stator cover is pretty much non-existent.

Headlight housing and handlebars. I do have the front chrome headlight housing but not the rear. The left headlight bracket is also broken.

The right side exhaust is rough shape and the left side is non-existent. Also, the collector looks really rough and the shields have been cut off with an angle grinder. I would like to get rid of it anyway and get after market exhaust but am also not looking forward to re-jetting the carbs.

I'll be relying on the shop manual as well as some on-line parts stores that have blow out diagrams for parts lists to figure out where everything goes.

At this point the wire harness is completed striped off but all the connectors look to be in fair to good condition.

I've tracked down the stator cover bolts and chain tension adjuster but before I spend any more money, my next and biggest priority is to get the bike back together so that at a bare minimum, I can get it to turn over and possibly even started. I'm not entirely sure what that bare minimum is but for starters I'll hook up the spark plug wires, battery, and as much of the wire harness up as I can. I'm sure having handlebars to connect the throttle too would be helpful as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment